At Miss Betty's Day Camp we are looking for high-energy, engaging individuals who enjoy interacting with kids and nature. The best counselors at Miss Betty's are open-minded positive individuals who enjoy getting to know the campers, are willing to interact with campers on their level, whatever that may be, and encourage campers to be themselves. We hire individuals who have completed 8th grade and older. If you are interested in working at Miss Betty's Day Camp please send us an application (written in the style of a formal letter) to email@example.com. You can email us directly using the email link at the bottom of the homepage. Please include the following in your application:
- First and last name
- A photo of yourself (NOT REQUIRED but it helps me to match a name with a face when considering your camp experience)
- Grade completed as of June 2019.
- Dates available (Camp will operate from June 17th to August 2nd. There will be no camp on the 4th and 5th of July).
- Previous Miss Betty's Camper experience.
- Previous Miss Betty's Counselor experience.
- Please explain what would make you a great counselor at Miss Betty's. You may include any special interests or skills you could share with the campers (e.g. sports, crafts, hobbies, etc.).
- Share any previous work experience you have had in relation to working with children.
- No resumes or references required but feel free to include anything you think could jazz up your application. Creativity and professionalism matter!
- All applications must be typed in a word processor document (Google Docs, Microsoft Word, etc.) and attached to an email. Applications will NOT be considered if written in the body of an email.
- All applications must be sent from the applicant's own email account. Being responsible for young lives is a serious task. Being trusted enough and responsible enough to manage your own email account is something required of a Counselor.
If you are interested in one of our volunteer Peace Corps positions (7th graders only) please follow the same instructions listed above. Slots are limited so get those applications in early! Peace Corps applicants must have attended Miss Betty's as a camper in the past.
Applications for all positions at camp will be accepted starting February 1st and the application process will close March 31st.
Make sure you have completed your application carefully and correctly. Competition for Counselor and Peace Corp positions is high. We want to make sure everyone who is interested has a chance to be hired at camp. Any application that is not completed exactly to specifications will be discarded so please make sure to double check your applications!
If you are hired for a position at Miss Betty's Day Camp you will need an FBI criminal background check, a PA child abuse clearance, and a PA criminal background check. The form required for these clearances can be found using the links below.
https://uenroll.identogo.com (FBI) There has been a change in vendors operating the FBI fingerprinting process for PA. The service code you must enter when clicking on the link above is 1KG756. Please make sure to read the information in the links provided below about how to register as there are specific instructions on how to complete the new fingerprinting process and documents that must be presented when going to your fingerprinting appointment. http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_267908.pdf (list of required documents) http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_268106.pdf (identification requirements for minor fingerprinting applicants)
https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home (PA Child Abuse)
https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp (PA Criminal Background)
*Please remember to print any receipts or proofs of purchase if you are paying for one of the clearances above as Miss Betty's will reimburse you of any such purchases made in your first paycheck. All clearances must be updated every 60 months.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org